How do I make a call to Ireland?
How to Call Ireland from the U.S.
- First dial 011 to exit the U.S. telephone system.
- Now dial 353, which is the country code for Ireland.
- Next, dial the local number, which is between seven and nine digits.
How do you call Ireland from the UK?
How to Call Ireland from the UK
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or ‘+’ from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Ireland – 353.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
How do you call Ireland from the United States?
To call Ireland from Australia, dial: 0011 – 353 – Area Code – Land Phone Number 0011 – 353 – 9 Digit Mobile Number. Follow the dialing format shown above while calling Ireland From Australia.
How are Irish phone numbers written?
Ireland’s telephone numbers are made up of 13 numbers split into groups of 3. So if you’re going to make a call to Ireland using a mobile phone, you should dial country code+area code+7-9-digit number. Some of the common area codes in Ireland include Dublin (1), Cork (21) and Galway (91).
What country code is Ireland?
To call Ireland from the U.S., just follow these simple dialing directions:
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 353, the country code for Ireland.
- Then dial the area code (1–2 digits — please see a sample calling code list below)
- and finally the phone number (mostly 7 digits).
What is a +353 number?
353 is the international code used to dial to Ireland.
How do I call Southern Ireland from the UK?
To call Ireland from United Kingdom, dial: 00 – 353 – Area Code – Land Phone Number 00 – 353 – 9 Digit Mobile Number
- 00 – Exit code for United Kingdom, and is needed for making any international call from United Kingdom.
- 353 – ISD Code or Country Code of Ireland.
- Area code – There are 27 area codes in Ireland.
Is Irish and Ireland same?
Hence, the Irish state has two official names, Éire (in Irish) and Ireland (in English). For official purposes, the Irish government uses the name Éire in documents written in Irish, while using Ireland where the language of the documents is English, including in international treaties and other legal documents.
What do you put in front of an Irish number?
If calling the Republic of Ireland from abroad all numbers must be prefixed with 00 353 (drop the first 0 of the local code. For example, the local number 01 344 1111 would need to be dialled as 00 353 1 344 1111 from a foreign phone).
How do I call Dublin from Australia?
0011 is the international prefix used to dial somewhere outside of Australia. 353 is the international code used to dial to Ireland. 1 is the local area or city code used to dial to Dublin.
How do I text An Irish mobile from Australia?
0011 is the exit code for Australia and 353 is the country code for Ireland. After those numbers you dial the actual phone number. Dialing Dublin is 00113531 and then the number. As has been mentioned perhaps your phone provider has blocked international calls and texting could be an option.