Can I call the UK from my cell phone?
Key in the mobile phone number
The international access code, or exit code: 011 (replace with + if you’re calling with a smartphone): 011. the UK country code: 44. The UK’s mobile code: 7.
How do I make a call to London on my cell phone?
Enter 011-44-7XXX XXX XXX to place a phone call from the United States to London. 7XXX XXX XXX is the mobile phone number, 44 the country code for the United Kingdom, and 011 is the exit code for the United States.
Can I call London from my phone?
First, dial the US exit code 011, and then dial 44 to indicate you want to call the UK. Next, dial 20, London’s area code, and then finish with the phone number.
Is +44 the same as 0?
44 is the country code for the UK. 0 is the long distance dialling code within the UK, from STD (subscriber Trunk Dialling) used to access the ‘long distance’ or trunk network. You don’t need it if dialling the UK from overseas as the call arrives already on the trunk network.
How do I call London?
How to call London from the USA:
- Start with 011 — the exit code for the US and Canada.
- Next, enter 44 — the country code for the UK.
- Then, dial 20 — the London area code (landlines only*).
- Last, enter the local 8-digit London phone number.
How do I dial a UK number?
How Do I Call UK Landlines from the US?
- Step 1 – Dial Exit Code (011) First, to dial the UK from the US, enter the digits 011. …
- Step 2 – Dial the Country Code (44) Secondly, enter the UK country code: 44. …
- Step 3 – Dial the Area Code. …
- Step 4 – Dial the Phone Number.
How can I make free international calls?
Here are the top apps for free online calls:
- Skype. Perhaps the most well-known video calling platform of them all, Skype is free to download on any computer and phone. …
- FaceTime. …
- WhatsApp. …
- Telegram. …
- Viber. …
- Google Duo. …
- Facebook Messenger. …
How do I call London on WhatsApp?
Open your phone’s address book. When adding the contact’s phone number, start by entering a plus sign (+). Enter the country code, followed by the full phone number. Note: A country code is a numerical prefix that must be entered before the full national phone number to make a call to another country.
How do you make an international call?
To call a phone in another country, dial 011, and then the code for the country you are calling, the area or city code, and the phone number. For example, if you are trying to call someone in Brazil (country code 55), in the city of Rio de Janeiro (city code 21), you would dial 011 – 55 – 21 – XXXX-XXXX.
How do I call a UK landline from abroad?
To call a UK landline from overseas:
- Dial the international access code for the country you are calling from – typically 00, 011, or ‘+’ (mobiles)
- Dial the country code for the UK – 44.
- Dial the UK area code without the first 0.
- Dial the customer number.
What phone number is +44?
+44 is the country calling code assigned to the United Kingdom by the International Telecommunication Union.
How do I call London from Nigeria?
To call United Kingdom from Nigeria, dial: 009 – 44 – Area Code – Land Phone Number 009 – 44 – 10 Digit Mobile Number.
How do I dial a 44 number from UK?
To call a mobile phone number in the UK from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the UK country code (44), and then the subscriber number without the 0 prefix e.g. 00-44-7XXXXXXXXX or +44-7XXXXXXXXX.
What does 44 replace on a mobile number?
+44 is the international dialing code for the United Kingdom. Using +44 at the start of a British number allows you to call this number from outside of the UK.
How many digits does a UK mobile number have?
Almost all UK phone numbers, including the dialling code, are 11 digits long.